Juvenile racing has held a controversial place in American racing since the late 1800s.
For whatever Vertigineux lacked as a racehorse, she has more than made up for as a broodmare. The first three foals produced by the daughter of Kris S. have all become stakes winners, including Zenyatta.
The late John M.S. Finney once compared the science of Thoroughbred breeding with Albert Einstein's theory of relativity. "Where E represents equine investment," Finney said, "M represents money, and C represents confusion--E equals MC squared."
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist Takes Jockey Club Gold Cup With Ease
- Shadwell: Grand Arch Holds Over The Pizza Man
- Wild Dude Rallies Late to Claim SA Sprint
- American Pharoah Drills at Santa Anita for BC
- Greenpointcrusader Rallies to Take Champagne
- Appealing Tale Wins Kelso, Honor Code Third
- Brody's Cause Storms Home in Futurity
- No Silent Rolls to Eddie D Score
- Tepin Airs in First Lady, BC Mile Next
- Nickname Wins Frizette Driving in the Slop