Forbes released its annual list of billionaires March 11, and several persons on the list of the world's wealthiest individuals are involved in the Thoroughbred industry.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Walter Haefner has retired his homebred grade I winner Dress To Thrill and will send the mare to Irish stallion Sadler's Wells.
Refuse To Bend, winner of the 2002 Aga Khan Studs National Stakes (Ire-I) and this year's Sagitta Two Thousands Guineas (Eng-I), has been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed.
Evolving Tactics, who was under consideration for the May 3 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), will not be shipped from Ireland for the race, The Blood-Horse has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes