Forbes released its annual list of billionaires March 11, and several persons on the list of the world's wealthiest individuals are involved in the Thoroughbred industry.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Walter Haefner has retired his homebred grade I winner Dress To Thrill and will send the mare to Irish stallion Sadler's Wells.
Refuse To Bend, winner of the 2002 Aga Khan Studs National Stakes (Ire-I) and this year's Sagitta Two Thousands Guineas (Eng-I), has been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed.
Evolving Tactics, who was under consideration for the May 3 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), will not be shipped from Ireland for the race, The Blood-Horse has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- What's Going On Here: A Rich Trifecta
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse