Forbes released its annual list of billionaires March 11, and several persons on the list of the world's wealthiest individuals are involved in the Thoroughbred industry.
Moyglare Stud Farm's matriarch Grenzen, dam of millionaire Twilight Agenda and granddam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Go and Go, died in Kentucky at age 29.
Be My Guest, a former leading English/Irish sire, died Feb. 19 at the age of 30.
Walter Haefner has retired his homebred grade I winner Dress To Thrill and will send the mare to Irish stallion Sadler's Wells.
Refuse To Bend, winner of the 2002 Aga Khan Studs National Stakes (Ire-I) and this year's Sagitta Two Thousands Guineas (Eng-I), has been purchased by Sheikh Mohammed.
Evolving Tactics, who was under consideration for the May 3 Kentucky Derby (gr. I), will not be shipped from Ireland for the race, The Blood-Horse has learned.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses