English-bred April Pride, fresh off her victory in last month's China Doll Stakes on the Santa Anita turf, ships in from California and was installed as the 5-2 morning line favorite in a wide-open edition of $100,000 Appalachian (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland April 16 .
Habaya, a daughter of Storm Cat out of the Eclipse Award-winning turf mare Golden Apples, came from off the pace to earn her first graded stakes win in the Miesque Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Hollywood Park Nov. 28.
Shadwell homebred Habaya, second most recently in the JP Morgan Chase Jessamine Stakes at Keeneland, invades Hollywood Park for the $100,000 Miesque (gr. IIIT) for 2-year-old fillies on the lawn Nov. 28.
Golden Goose Enterprise and IEAH Stables' Laragh took an early lead and never let it go, romping home to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes Oct. 9 on the Keeneland turf.
A full field of 14 juvenile fillies were entered for the $150,000 JPMorgan Chase Jessamine Stakes at Keeneland Oct. 9. Though ungraded, the 1 1/16-mile turf event is the 57th and final Breeders' Cup Challenge "Win and You're In" contest of the season.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- First Foal Reported for Fort Larned
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A
- Trickmeister to Tomorrow Bloodstock in NY
- First Foal Reported for Morning Line