A 2-year-old Florida-bred daughter of High Cotton topped the Barretts January mixed sale, selling for $55,000. The sale, held at Del Mar Jan. 20, had an average of $8,239, down 2.9% from the 2015 average of $8,487.
The first open session at the Ocala yearling sale saw the average rise 14.6% and the median go up 13.9%. The buy-back ride slid to 20.8%.
California Chrome continues to wield his influence, this time with the plethora of yearlings by his sire, Lucky Pulpit, in the Barretts October yearling sale. The catalog of 259 hip numbers includes 23 by Lucky Pulpit.
Led by a record-priced Forestry colt for $75,000, results soared across the board at the Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale Aug. 12.
Two juveniles from the H & E Ranch consignment had local trainers buzzing at the Jan. 22 Barretts mixed sale in Pomona, Calif., and by sale's end Mike Harrington and Jim Cassidy ended up with them.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm