A 2-year-old Florida-bred daughter of High Cotton topped the Barretts January mixed sale, selling for $55,000. The sale, held at Del Mar Jan. 20, had an average of $8,239, down 2.9% from the 2015 average of $8,487.
The first open session at the Ocala yearling sale saw the average rise 14.6% and the median go up 13.9%. The buy-back ride slid to 20.8%.
California Chrome continues to wield his influence, this time with the plethora of yearlings by his sire, Lucky Pulpit, in the Barretts October yearling sale. The catalog of 259 hip numbers includes 23 by Lucky Pulpit.
Led by a record-priced Forestry colt for $75,000, results soared across the board at the Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale Aug. 12.
Two juveniles from the H & E Ranch consignment had local trainers buzzing at the Jan. 22 Barretts mixed sale in Pomona, Calif., and by sale's end Mike Harrington and Jim Cassidy ended up with them.
Most Popular Stories
- Star Power - By Evan Hammonds
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill