A 2-year-old Florida-bred daughter of High Cotton topped the Barretts January mixed sale, selling for $55,000. The sale, held at Del Mar Jan. 20, had an average of $8,239, down 2.9% from the 2015 average of $8,487.
The first open session at the Ocala yearling sale saw the average rise 14.6% and the median go up 13.9%. The buy-back ride slid to 20.8%.
California Chrome continues to wield his influence, this time with the plethora of yearlings by his sire, Lucky Pulpit, in the Barretts October yearling sale. The catalog of 259 hip numbers includes 23 by Lucky Pulpit.
Led by a record-priced Forestry colt for $75,000, results soared across the board at the Northern California yearling and horses of racing age sale Aug. 12.
Two juveniles from the H & E Ranch consignment had local trainers buzzing at the Jan. 22 Barretts mixed sale in Pomona, Calif., and by sale's end Mike Harrington and Jim Cassidy ended up with them.
Most Popular Stories
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns