Where's the Ring will stand the 2015 breeding season at Peaceful Valley Farms in Alberta, Canada. The son of Seeking the Gold previously stood at Gardiner Farms in Ontario.
Smokey Fire, making his first start in nearly 20 months, overcame traffic problems in upper stretch to sweep past the leaders close to home for a 1 1/4-length win in the $230,726 Highlander Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine.
Signature Red, whose only two victories since July 2010 have come in the Highlander Stakes (Can-IIIT), is back to defend his title for a second time in the $200,000 grass event at Woodbine June 23.
Essence Hit Man set a quick pace and held off Gypsy Ring in deep stretch for an upset score in the $150,000 Kennedy Road (Can-III) Nov. 19 at Woodbine.
Hollywood Hit, Canada's defending champion sprinter, will try for his third stakes win this year as he takes on five rivals in the Kennedy Road Stakes (Can-III) over Woodbine's synthetic surface Saturday, Nov. 19.
Pacesetting Regally Ready, rebounding from a disappointing effort in the Turf Monster Handicap last month, held off the fast-closing favorite Bated Breath to win an exciting renewal of Woodbine's Nearctic Stakes (gr. IT).
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement