Owners and trainers who have started Thoroughbreds in flat racing who are interested in jump racing will have an opportunity at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 26 to learn first-hand about steeplechase horses.
Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
The Saratoga Springs community will host the inaugural Steeplechase Festival at Saratoga, a day of racing set for Sept. 15.
The National Steeplechase Association has obtained accident-insurance coverage for its licensed jockeys.
Don Clippinger, an Eclipse Award-winning writer with wide experience in the racing industry, has been hired as the National Steeplechase Association's communications consultant.
The National Steeplechase Association announced that Lou Raffetto will leave his position effective June 30 to pursue other opportunities within the Thoroughbred racing industry.
There are two winners of every race at the Far Hills Races steeplechase meet, a horse and a hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll