Owners and trainers who have started Thoroughbreds in flat racing who are interested in jump racing will have an opportunity at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 26 to learn first-hand about steeplechase horses.
Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
The Saratoga Springs community will host the inaugural Steeplechase Festival at Saratoga, a day of racing set for Sept. 15.
The National Steeplechase Association has obtained accident-insurance coverage for its licensed jockeys.
Don Clippinger, an Eclipse Award-winning writer with wide experience in the racing industry, has been hired as the National Steeplechase Association's communications consultant.
The National Steeplechase Association announced that Lou Raffetto will leave his position effective June 30 to pursue other opportunities within the Thoroughbred racing industry.
There are two winners of every race at the Far Hills Races steeplechase meet, a horse and a hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Pompa, Brown Connect on Dirt in Pa. Derby
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Fasig-Tipton October Catalog Available
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions