Owners and trainers who have started Thoroughbreds in flat racing who are interested in jump racing will have an opportunity at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 26 to learn first-hand about steeplechase horses.
Formed by the NSA, the Steeplechase Safety Task Force is composed of steeplechase community members with specific areas of expertise in racing, veterinary science, and race administration.
The Saratoga Springs community will host the inaugural Steeplechase Festival at Saratoga, a day of racing set for Sept. 15.
The National Steeplechase Association has obtained accident-insurance coverage for its licensed jockeys.
Don Clippinger, an Eclipse Award-winning writer with wide experience in the racing industry, has been hired as the National Steeplechase Association's communications consultant.
The National Steeplechase Association announced that Lou Raffetto will leave his position effective June 30 to pursue other opportunities within the Thoroughbred racing industry.
There are two winners of every race at the Far Hills Races steeplechase meet, a horse and a hospital.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested