Jockey Guy Smith underwent six hours of surgery April 25 at Lafayette General Medical Center in Lafayette, La., to repair a broken neck suffered during an April 22 race at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino.
Jockey Guy Smith, second in the standings at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino, suffered a broken neck in an April 22 racing accident at the Opelousas, La., racetrack and underwent surgery April 25.
Grade I winner Happy Ticket lived up to her billing as she defeated seven overmatched rivals in the $100,000 Louisiana Premiere Night Distaff, one of six stakes events worth $570,000 on Louisiana Premiere Night at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Kentucky Rescinds Dextrophan Positives