Jockey Guy Smith underwent six hours of surgery April 25 at Lafayette General Medical Center in Lafayette, La., to repair a broken neck suffered during an April 22 race at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino.
Jockey Guy Smith, second in the standings at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino, suffered a broken neck in an April 22 racing accident at the Opelousas, La., racetrack and underwent surgery April 25.
Grade I winner Happy Ticket lived up to her billing as she defeated seven overmatched rivals in the $100,000 Louisiana Premiere Night Distaff, one of six stakes events worth $570,000 on Louisiana Premiere Night at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Off the Bench for San Diego
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy
- Record Breakers Headed for Del Mar Debutante
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Can Coup de Grace Land Blow in Amsterdam?
- Daring Dancer Prevails in Lake George Stakes
- Art Sherman to Receive Laffit Pincay Award
- Shanon Nicole Takes Off-Turf Indiana Grand
- Haskin: The Saint of Saratoga
- Eight Stakes Set for Churchill in September