Jockey Guy Smith underwent six hours of surgery April 25 at Lafayette General Medical Center in Lafayette, La., to repair a broken neck suffered during an April 22 race at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino.
Jockey Guy Smith, second in the standings at Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino, suffered a broken neck in an April 22 racing accident at the Opelousas, La., racetrack and underwent surgery April 25.
Grade I winner Happy Ticket lived up to her billing as she defeated seven overmatched rivals in the $100,000 Louisiana Premiere Night Distaff, one of six stakes events worth $570,000 on Louisiana Premiere Night at Evangeline Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Elliston Named Keeneland VP of Racing, Sales
- Pacific Overtures
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate