Salutos Amigos, carrying topweight of 125 pounds, will try for three in a row against his arch rival in six-furlong test
Trainer Rudy Rodriguez was handed a 25-day suspension and was fined $2,500 after two of his horses tested positive for the therapeutic drug flunixin, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug also known as Banamine.
Unbeaten Verrazano, the early favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is set to make his next start April 6 in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct, trainer Todd Pletcher said.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- California Diamond Shines in Paddock Sale
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death