Salutos Amigos, carrying topweight of 125 pounds, will try for three in a row against his arch rival in six-furlong test
Trainer Rudy Rodriguez was handed a 25-day suspension and was fined $2,500 after two of his horses tested positive for the therapeutic drug flunixin, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug also known as Banamine.
Unbeaten Verrazano, the early favorite for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), is set to make his next start April 6 in the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) at Aqueduct, trainer Todd Pletcher said.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection