A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill