A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver