A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti