A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup