A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Delaware Park Latest Track to Boot Vazquez
- Presque Isle Alters Post Time to Combat Deer
- British Steeplechaser Kauto Star Euthanized
- Dept. of Labor Files Suit Against Asmussen
- Homecoming Classic Renamed to Honor Lukas
- Tough Field Drawn for Penny Memorial at Parx
- Summer Select Sales Guide: In the Details