A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins