A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion
- Another Walk in the Parx for Favorite Tale
- Moreno, Itsmyluckyday Work for Super Saturday
- Divine Oath Holds Off Bashart in Kent Stakes
- Irish-Bred Pure Champion Wins in New Zealand
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Waller Tallies Group I Double in Australia
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- Top Filly Princess of Sylmar Retired