A son of Into Mischief sold for $320,000 to top the Barretts May 2-year-old sale that saw increases in all categories. A total of 85 juveniles averaged $56,079, an increase of 29.6% over last year.
The annual November breeding stock sale is a showcase of first-crop weanling sires. Below is a random sampling of comments about the new sires and their weanlings.
It was an exciting night Nov. 7 at Fasig-Tipton Kentucky's Newtown Paddocks as I'll Get Along, the dam of dual classic winner and Horse of the Year candidate Smarty Jones, brought a top price of $5 million during the November select sale. Multiple grade I winner Toccet, selling as a stallion prospect, also topped the seven-figure mark, at $3.35 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Lightstream Rallies to Win Raven Run
- Royal Posse Sails Clear in Empire Classic
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Admirals War Chest Repeats MD Million Classic
- Winx Easily Wins Second Straight Cox Plate
- Hoppertunity, Melatonin Breeze for Classic
- Monarchos' Greatness Was Cut Way Too Short