Freddie Frisson, dam of grade I winner First Samurai, was euthanized Oct. 30 because of complications from laminitis.
First Samurai, a two-time grade I winner as a 2-year-old last year, has been retired from racing and will enter stud at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky.
Grade II winner Bending Strings, a homebred for John D. Gunther, arrived June 20 at her owner's Glennwood Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Grade I winner First Samurai will stand at the Hancock family's Claiborne Farm near Paris, Ky., following his retirement from racing.
Bruce Lunsford and Lansdon Robbins III's 3-year-old First Samurai worked a mile in a strong 1:37 3/5 Friday morning at Gulfstream Park in preparation for the $300,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr.II) going 1 1/8 miles a week from tomorrow.
Two Trail Sioux, a grade II-winning daughter of Indian Charlie, has been retired from racing and is booked to Ghostzapper.
- By Steve Haskin
Even standing in his stall, two days after being operated on for a condylar fracture, Stevie Wonderboy continues to amaze trainer Doug O'Neill, who said the colt's surgery Wednesday went perfectly and he "looks fantastic."
Eye of the Tiger, a grade II winner and a solid fifth in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), has been retired from racing.
First Samurai, a multiple grade I-winning 2-year-old son of Giant's Causeway, stretched his legs Sunday at Gulfstream Park, working three furlongs in a brisk :35.
French group I winner Hold That Tiger's first crop includes a filly out of the Dehere mare Senorita Dehere.
American Chance, second on New York's leading sire list by 2004 progeny earnings, died Oct. 18 of colitis-X while standing at Haras La Providencia in Argentina.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment