Soul City Slew, a veteran gelding who won his first stakes when he upset the Potrero Grande Handicap (gr. II) last month, returns to Hollywood Park in the $100,000 Los Angeles Handicap (gr. III) May 16.
If you saw Desert Code's dramatic come-from-behind win in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint last fall, this victory was nothing like that one. Instead, Desert Code took the lead shortly after the start of the $100,000 Daytona Handicap (gr. IIIT) Feb. 15 on the same hillside turf course at Santa Anita and was never threatened.
Desert Code, 35-1 upset winner of the inaugural Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint last fall, makes his 5-year-old debut in the $100,000 Daytona Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park Feb. 15, regardless of whether the race remains on the hillside turf course.
WinStar Farms' Colonel John, a multiple grade I winner in 2008, tops the seven-horse field entered for the grade I, $250,000 Malibu Stakes, the traditional opening day feature on the Dec. 26 card at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- 123Gaming Granted ADW License in Washington
- Bernardini Filly Shows Maturity in OBS Breeze
- Deceptive Vision Wins Doubledogdare
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Brother to Eight Belles Gets Tesio Class Test