Newsdad and Nikki's Sandcastle, winners of the past two runnings of Keeneland's Fayette Stakes (gr. II), top the field of 10 older runners entered for the Lexington track's $150,000 Ben Ali Stakes (gr. III) April 19.
With owner Mandy Pope on hand, two-time champion Groupie Doll breezed Feb. 2 at Gulfstream Park & Casino in preparation for her final career start in the Feb. 9 Hurricane Bertie Stakes.
Gulfstream Park announced a record $10.75 million stakes program for its 2013-14 meet that consists of 61 stakes, highlighted by the $1 million Besilu Stables Florida Derby (gr. I) March 29.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight