The 2016 Fall Turf Festival at Gulfstream Park West is on schedule to start Oct. 8, having emerged unscathed from the threat of Hurricane Matthew that prompted a three-day postponement.
Fasig-Tipton is teaming with Gulfstream Park to sponsor the $250,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II). The 63rd running of the race, which will called the "Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth Stakes," is scheduled for Feb. 28 in South Florida. The Fasig-Tipton Florida select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be held March 3.
By Ray Paulick -- Somewhere at the Aurora, Canada, corporate headquarters where Frank Stronach sits atop his Magna International and Magna Entertainment Corp. empire, there is a warehouse filled with architectural drawings and miniature models for changes to the racetracks Magna now owns.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win