Zenyatta could be getting her favorite beer straight from the tap if she wins the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) Nov. 6.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, Breeders' Cup Limited, and Guinness announced Monday that an agreement in principle has been reached for Guinness to become a sponsor of NTRA/Breeders' Cup and the $13 million Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association will seek three-year television rights agreements with member racetracks to assist in national coverage of horse racing, and also struck a deal with Guinness beer.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Trainer James DiVito Collects 1,000th Win
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas