The 74 horses sold at the May 1 Tattersalls Guineas breeze up sale May 1 in England grossed 2,819,200 guineas and averaged 38,097 guineas. The median price was 25,000 guineas.
Tattersalls' second 2-year-olds in training auction of the year, the Guineas breeze-up sale, takes place Friday in Newmarket in England. The auction was held for a first time in 2007 and follows a record-breaking flagship Craven breeze-up sale at Tattersalls a fortnight ago.
Quest for Fame son De Beers sprang an April Fool surprise at 16-1 in the second leg of Australia's Triple Crown, the Rosehill Guineas (Aust-I).
Footstepsinthesand, who was retired in June unbeaten in three starts, will stand at stud in 2006 at Coolmore's Ashford Stud near Versailles, Ky.
Nineteen horses still remain eligible Thursday for the UltimatePoker.com Two Thousand Guineas (Eng-I), the first British classic of the season at Newmarket on Saturday. Despite the sizable field, all eyes will be on the unbeaten colt, Dubawi.
Refuse To Bend remained unbeaten in four starts after taking the English 2,000 Guineas(Eng-I) today at Newmarket over Zafeen and Norse Dancer.
Silent Honor has been withdrawn from the Sagitta One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) due to an entrapped epiglottis discovered after a Friday morning work at Al Quoz. With Silent Honor out, Godolphin has only Kazzia in the first classic race of the season for fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger
- Keeneland September Yearling Sale Wrap 2014
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Untapable Unstoppable in Grade I Cotillion