Lankan Rupee, the world's highest-rated sprinter, was recently named Australia's Horse of the Year for the 2013-14 season.
Darley's powerful filly Guelph shot out of the gate at the start of the Thousand Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 16 and overwhelmed eight overmatched opponents in a front-running romp at Caulfield.
Trainer Chris Waller notched a third group I win this season when Boban stormed on the outside from the back of the field to edge favorite Streama in the Star Epsom (Aus-I) Oct. 5 at Royal Randwick.
With his incomparable half sister Black Caviar recently retired, All Too Hard ascended to the status of Australia's top horse in training April 27 after a dazzling performance in the All Aged Stakes (Aus-I) at Randwick.
While Black Caviar's 25th win in the T. J. Smith Stakes (Aus-I) stole the spotlight April 13 at Royal Randwick, fans saw two other superlative performances in group I stakes on the card from It's a Dundeel and filly Guelph.
Gai Waterhouse had a pretty good feeling last winter that Overreach would win the $3.5 million Golden Slipper Stakes (Aus-I), and the filly delivered her trainer a fifth victory in the world's richest 2-year-old race April 6.
Quiet Resolve, a Canadian Horse of the Year, was euthanized Feb. 1 at Guelph University east of Toronto.
Marablue Farm's Bon Fleur took the lead with an inside move on the final run down the backstretch and stayed there to win the $100,000 AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase Saturday.
Novice hurdlers get their last chance at grade I glory this year in the AFLAC U.S. Championship Novice hurdle stakes (NSA-I) Saturday at the Callaway Gardens Steeplechase in Pine Mountain, Ga.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out