Favorite Tale outgunned 3-5 favorite Fast Anna through a blazing opening quarter-mile and still had plenty left to deliver a 2 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) Saturday, Sept. 20 at Parx Racing.
Favorite Tale, a 3-year-old son of Tale of the Cat, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite for the Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park. The six-furlong race is worth $100,000.
Although he'll be facing some stakes winners when he makes the first stakes start of his career April 4 in the Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, Favorite Tale figures to receive plenty of attention.
Baldomera came from off the pace to catch High Peaks in deep stretch and win the $78,375 Ruthless Stakes on a rainy Sunday at Aqueduct by 1 3/4 lengths.
Well-traveled Caught in the Rain rallied under jockey Richard Migliore to get a nostril in front in a three-nose win photo to take the $113,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday on the Aqueduct turf at 1 1/16 mile.
Ron Perozzi's Caught in the Rain pulls off a 32-1 upset in the Mrs. Revere Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- Ready for Rye Looms in Bay Shore Stakes
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge