There was a reason bettors made PJG Stable's Favorite Tale the 1-2 favorite for the $200,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap; he was the class of the field off a third in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Ben's Cat, the formidable iron horse who keeps on campaigning for Hall of Fame trainer King Leatherbury, could take home his fourth consecutive edition of the $200,000 Fabulous Strike Handicap Nov. 25 at Penn National.
Recently honored as Parx Racing's top trainer of 2014, Ramon Preciado celebrated his 1,000th victory April 28 at the track when Fantastic Voyage completed a last-to-first rally to win the day's seventh race.
Favorite Tale outgunned 3-5 favorite Fast Anna through a blazing opening quarter-mile and still had plenty left to deliver a 2 1/2-length victory in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) Saturday, Sept. 20 at Parx Racing.
Favorite Tale, a 3-year-old son of Tale of the Cat, is the 9-5 morning-line favorite for the Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) Aug. 16 at Monmouth Park. The six-furlong race is worth $100,000.
Although he'll be facing some stakes winners when he makes the first stakes start of his career April 4 in the Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, Favorite Tale figures to receive plenty of attention.
Baldomera came from off the pace to catch High Peaks in deep stretch and win the $78,375 Ruthless Stakes on a rainy Sunday at Aqueduct by 1 3/4 lengths.
Well-traveled Caught in the Rain rallied under jockey Richard Migliore to get a nostril in front in a three-nose win photo to take the $113,000 Athenia Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares Saturday on the Aqueduct turf at 1 1/16 mile.
Ron Perozzi's Caught in the Rain pulls off a 32-1 upset in the Mrs. Revere Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West at Barretts
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely