Old-timers Brass Hat, Silverfoot, and Rumor Has It figure to fight it out in the $125,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at 12 furlongs on Labor Day at Arlington Park Sept. 7.
Transduction Gold, who won the Sycamore (gr. IIIT) last year but is winless since, will attempt to defend his title Oct. 18 against 10 rivals in the $150,000 event at Keeneland.
The eight other runners from the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) were resting well, their trainers looking on to future goals for the summer, as the Triple Crown season concluded June 7.
Trainer David Carroll was aboard Denis of Cork June 5 as the third-place finisher in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) went to the paddock, stood in the starting gate and then galloped 1 1/4 miles on Belmont's main track.
Guadalcanal, who has yet to break his maiden in five career starts, was a surprise entry in the June 7 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) when entries were taken Wednesday.
Rick Dutrow wanted the outside post in Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I). He didn't get it. Instead, he got the inside post for Big Brown, which does come with a certain risk of getting trapped, but the rail is far better than the 10, where the risks can be greater.
Most Popular Stories
- Barretts' First Del Mar Sale Sees Increase
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Lopez Family Faces Off at Golden Gate
- Secretariat's Birthplace Named 'Historic'
- Old Friends Cabin Creek Welcomes Be Bullish
- American Pharoah Jogs One Mile at Churchill
- Miss Temple City on Schedule for Royal Ascot
- MarketWatch: McPeek on Yearling Selection
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate