Deanna Manfredi, a 36-year-old marketing consultant from Toughkenamon, PA, took home $250,000 and a stable of eight Thoroughbreds when Avenueofknowledge won the "American Dream Derby" for her on Presidents' Day at Santa Anita Monday.
A top prize of $250,000 and a stable of Thoroughbreds will be on the line in the live finale of GSN's reality TV show, "American Dream Derby" at Santa Anita Park on Monday, Presidents' Day.
If you can't relate to eating bugs on some island you can't pronounce or selling chocolate bars on the street in order to win a high-powered job with Donald Trump, there finally is a reality TV series you can relate to, and that is "American Dream Derby," which premieres Monday Jan. 10 on the Game Show Network.
The game show series American Dream Derby, in which 12 contestants vie in various aspects of the world of Thoroughbred racing, is to have its premiere showing Jan. 10 with back-to-back episodes on GSN.
- By Tom LaMarra
Planning for The American Dream Derby, the first reality television program based on horse racing, is well under way in advance of a three-week shoot set to begin Oct. 31, officials with The Network For Games (GSN) said.
GSN, formerly known as the Game Show Network, has created the first reality series set in the world of Thoroughbred racing. Titled The American Dream Derby, the show will turn six fans into owners of claiming horses, who will compete in races throughout the year and then have their horses square off against each other in the American Dream Derby.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance