Hall of Fame trainer Grover G. "Bud" Delp, conditioner of the three-time champion Spectacular Bid, died Friday night at his Ellicott City home due to cancer. He was 74.
Friday night's $500,000 Meadowlands Cup (gr. II) is expected to draw a field of five to seven horses with a list of solid credentials for the mile and an eighth test. The one with the most impressive resume is Robert Meyerhoff's Include.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Gun Runner Posts Bullet in Breeze for Whitney
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa