It was a day for superlatives. And there were plenty to go around at the induction ceremonies for the Class of 2002 at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Grover "Bud" Delp has made his own way in the Thoroughbred business. His path--from Maryland, to stardom, to the New Orleans-Chicago circuit, and back to Maryland--has led him to racing's pinnacle: the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
In their first year of eligibility, Cigar and Serena's Song have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact