Seventeen group stakes and three listed stakes will be open to international competition effective Sept. 1.
Criterion, sixth behind Arabian Queen and Golden Horn in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) in August, returned home to capture the Caulfield Stakes Oct. 10.
Australia and the United States have the most races on the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities annual list of the top 100 group or grade I stakes. The list was released March 3.
The Dubai World Cup Carnival, offering purses in excess of $38 million, kicks off its 11-date stand Jan. 8 at Meydan Racecourse.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will offer 10 international group I races during its 2014-15 racing season and has increased total purses 10%.
The United Arab Emirates will offer 26 group races, seven of them group I, during its 2011-12 racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale