Seventeen group stakes and three listed stakes will be open to international competition effective Sept. 1.
Criterion, sixth behind Arabian Queen and Golden Horn in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) in August, returned home to capture the Caulfield Stakes Oct. 10.
Australia and the United States have the most races on the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities annual list of the top 100 group or grade I stakes. The list was released March 3.
The Dubai World Cup Carnival, offering purses in excess of $38 million, kicks off its 11-date stand Jan. 8 at Meydan Racecourse.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will offer 10 international group I races during its 2014-15 racing season and has increased total purses 10%.
The United Arab Emirates will offer 26 group races, seven of them group I, during its 2011-12 racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex