Beginning Jan. 1, BloodHorse will update its style for reporting group and graded stakes to conform with the International Cataloguing Standards.
Seventeen group stakes and three listed stakes will be open to international competition effective Sept. 1.
Criterion, sixth behind Arabian Queen and Golden Horn in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) in August, returned home to capture the Caulfield Stakes Oct. 10.
Australia and the United States have the most races on the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities annual list of the top 100 group or grade I stakes. The list was released March 3.
The Dubai World Cup Carnival, offering purses in excess of $38 million, kicks off its 11-date stand Jan. 8 at Meydan Racecourse.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will offer 10 international group I races during its 2014-15 racing season and has increased total purses 10%.
The United Arab Emirates will offer 26 group races, seven of them group I, during its 2011-12 racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Tapits Dominate Fasig-Tipton Pinhook Prospects
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award