Beginning Jan. 1, BloodHorse will update its style for reporting group and graded stakes to conform with the International Cataloguing Standards.
Seventeen group stakes and three listed stakes will be open to international competition effective Sept. 1.
Criterion, sixth behind Arabian Queen and Golden Horn in the Juddmonte International Stakes (Eng-I) in August, returned home to capture the Caulfield Stakes Oct. 10.
Australia and the United States have the most races on the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities annual list of the top 100 group or grade I stakes. The list was released March 3.
The Dubai World Cup Carnival, offering purses in excess of $38 million, kicks off its 11-date stand Jan. 8 at Meydan Racecourse.
The Hong Kong Jockey Club will offer 10 international group I races during its 2014-15 racing season and has increased total purses 10%.
The United Arab Emirates will offer 26 group races, seven of them group I, during its 2011-12 racing season.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- New Withholding, Reporting Rules Near Enactment
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Richard's Kid Gets First Winner at Del Mar