The Australian Group and Listed Races Advisory Group conducted it's annual meeting outside Brisbane on July 3-5. It was decided there was no justification for the total number of black type races in Australia to be increased or decreased from the current 540-550 range.
Prize money in Britain during 2003 will top £100 million for the first time, and minimum values are being raised considerably, but not by as much at the bottom end as wished for by the Racehorse Owners' Association (ROA).
Most Popular Stories
- Favorite Tale Easy Fabulous Strike Winner
- Andreya's Reward Shifts to Dirt for Hut Hut
- Mobile Bay Just Up in Zia Park Derby
- Sharla Rae Takes on Males in Hollywood Derby
- Tonalist Takes on Private Zone in Cigar Mile
- Commissioner Heads Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Son of Lethal Force Tops Tattersalls Day 2
- Airoforce Tries Dirt in Kentucky Jockey Club
- Runhappy Strong in Five Furlong Move
- Mohaymen Seeks Nashua, Remsen Double