The Australian Group and Listed Races Advisory Group conducted it's annual meeting outside Brisbane on July 3-5. It was decided there was no justification for the total number of black type races in Australia to be increased or decreased from the current 540-550 range.
Prize money in Britain during 2003 will top £100 million for the first time, and minimum values are being raised considerably, but not by as much at the bottom end as wished for by the Racehorse Owners' Association (ROA).
Most Popular Stories
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Lenny's Place: Hall of Fame Edition
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ
- Track Defends Trainer Suspended for Positive
- Durkin Named TCA Honored Guest
- Wild Dude Stuns Masochistic in Bing Crosby
- French Bloodstock Agent Moquet Dies at Age 46
- Reports of Mares Bred Due by Aug. 1.