The Australian Group and Listed Races Advisory Group conducted it's annual meeting outside Brisbane on July 3-5. It was decided there was no justification for the total number of black type races in Australia to be increased or decreased from the current 540-550 range.
Prize money in Britain during 2003 will top £100 million for the first time, and minimum values are being raised considerably, but not by as much at the bottom end as wished for by the Racehorse Owners' Association (ROA).
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert: Dortmund is 'Figuring it Out'
- McCarron Named New Trainer at Merryland Farm
- Churchill Weighs In on Its Racing Operations
- Horton Considers Rebel for Take Charge Brandi
- North Dakota May Owe Bankrupt ADW Millions
- Unlocking Winners: The Return of Daredevil
- Bill Would Allow Dealers at Indiana Racinos
- First Foal for Nephrite is Filly
- Local Time Continues Meydan Dominance
- Casino Planned at Former Michigan Racetrack