Europe will see two fewer group I events in 2016, from 87 in 2015 to 85, following a number of changes to group and listed races approved by the European Pattern Race Committee at its Jan. 18 meeting.
The Australian Group and Listed Races Advisory Group conducted it's annual meeting outside Brisbane on July 3-5. It was decided there was no justification for the total number of black type races in Australia to be increased or decreased from the current 540-550 range.
Prize money in Britain during 2003 will top £100 million for the first time, and minimum values are being raised considerably, but not by as much at the bottom end as wished for by the Racehorse Owners' Association (ROA).
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Will Frankel's Success Boost F-T Yearlings?
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa