Graded stakes-producing mare Michele Royale, owned by Sam and Jo Pollock's Pollock Farms, was euthanized March 3 at Taylor Made Farm in Nicholasville, Ky. because of infirmities of old age.
Please choose who you think is the top sprinter from the poll list below. The results will be a part of a feature in the August 23, 2014 issue of The Blood-Horse.
Harbor Springs, dam of 1996 champion 2-year-old male Boston Harbor, was euthanized Wednesday, Jan. 26, at Craig and Carrie Brogden's Machmer Hall near Paris, Ky., due to infirmities from old age.
Jose Martin, who trained Groovy and two other champions and was a member of a prominent New York racing family, died Wednesday at North Shore University Hospital after a lengthy bout with lung cancer.
Groovy, the 1987 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter who set a six-furlong track record at Belmont Park, was euthanized Jan. 26 at WinStar Farm in Versailles, Ky., due to physical infirmities at the age of 23.
Groovy, a champion sprinter who has sired 18 stakes winners, has been pensioned at Kenny Troutt and Bill Casner's WinStar Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Major producer Tinnitus, dam of sprint champion Groovy and granddam of champion Boston Harbor, was euthanized on June 23 at Jim FitzGerald's Knockgriffin Farm near Paris, Ky., because of complications from the infirmities of age.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale