The Groom Elite Program is undergoing a restructuring to meet increased demand for its services, officials said Jan. 15.
Reid McLellan, executive director of the Groom Elite Program, and Saginaw, a winner of nine stakes since his claim for $30,000 in March 2012, were honored by the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
The Klein Family Learning Center and the Groom Elite Program will offer a three-day course in "Elite Grooming for Racehorse Owners" at sites in Louisville and Lexington March 23-25.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's board of directors held its fourth-quarter meeting Thursday. The meeting took place at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz., site of the University of Arizona's Symposium on Racing.
Thistledown is launching the Groom Elite Program in Ohio. The 14-week program is designed to teach stable area employees horse handling skills and knowledge in equine care that will increase the availability of qualified, trained professional help in the stable area.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill
- Espinoza Back for More in Kentucky Derby