The Groom Elite Program is undergoing a restructuring to meet increased demand for its services, officials said Jan. 15.
Reid McLellan, executive director of the Groom Elite Program, and Saginaw, a winner of nine stakes since his claim for $30,000 in March 2012, were honored by the National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association.
The Klein Family Learning Center and the Groom Elite Program will offer a three-day course in "Elite Grooming for Racehorse Owners" at sites in Louisville and Lexington March 23-25.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association's board of directors held its fourth-quarter meeting Thursday. The meeting took place at Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz., site of the University of Arizona's Symposium on Racing.
Thistledown is launching the Groom Elite Program in Ohio. The 14-week program is designed to teach stable area employees horse handling skills and knowledge in equine care that will increase the availability of qualified, trained professional help in the stable area.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Lady Aurelia Overpowers Males in King's Stand