A yearling by the deceased California sire Tribal Rule was purchased by trainer Mark Glatt for $57,000 to top the Aug. 26 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's summer yearling and mixed sale.
The first reported foal for grade II winner Atta Boy Roy, a bay colt, was born Feb. 8 at Griffin Place near Buckley, Wash.
Todd and Shawn Hansen purchased English Channel yearling filly for $80,000 from Griffin Place, agent.
The median price rose Tuesday during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association summer yearing sale, but the gross revenue and average price suffered setbacks.
Business was down during the Washington Thoroughbred Breeders Association's winter mixed sale Sunday at Emerald Downs.
Cozzene's Angel, the dam of multiple grade I winner Toccet, sold for $1.35 million Tuesday as the Keeneland January horses of all ages sale gained momentum and shot ahead of last year's pace.
Cozzene's Angel, dam of Toccet, produced a half-sister to the grade I winner for William and Mary Lou Griffin
Most Popular Stories
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time Gr. I Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing
- Desormeaux to Hospital After Kick by Horse
- Kay Outlines Recent Successes to NYRA Board
- Record Prize Money Expected for NHC, NHC Tour