Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s four-day June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age finally hit its best stride in the third session June 19.
The Factor, a multiple grade I-winning son of War Front, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2013 breeding season at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky. His fee will be $15,000.
The Factor, making his seasonal debut in the $200,000 San Carlos Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 25, started his 2012 campaign the same way he finished up last year, winning at seven furlongs on Santa Anita's main track.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES. War Front's blazingly fast son returns to form in the Malibu Stakes and becomes only the second 3-year-old male of 2011 to win two grade I stakes.
The Factor, knocked off the Triple Crown trail by an ankle injury more than four months ago, outfought crack sprinter Smiling Tiger and drew off in the stretch to win the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar.
Add The Factor to this year's list of serious contenders on the Triple Crown trail. The brilliant colt, trained by Bob Baffert, proved his ability to get a route of ground with a crushing win in the Rebel Stakes March 19.
Odds-on The Factor showed his speedy reputation is no hype when he turned back a good group of 3-year-olds in winning the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length at Santa Anita Feb. 20
Most Popular Stories
- Espinoza Fined for Wearing Promo Material
- Texas Commission Gets Three-Month Reprieve
- Woodward Stakes Field Could Prove Intriguing
- American Pharoah to Parade at Del Mar
- Cuomo Authorizes Further 1% Share to NYTHA
- Calumet to Sponsor KY Downs Juvenile Stakes
- 375 Cataloged for F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Travers Overnight Rating Best Since 2004
- Wally's Choice Among Four for Canterbury HOF