A $340,000 Scat Daddy filly from the family of Ashado was the top price in a polarized market at Fasig-Tipton's expanded October yearling sale, which saw a 35% buyback rate at the first of four sessions.
Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s four-day June sale of 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age finally hit its best stride in the third session June 19.
The Factor, a multiple grade I-winning son of War Front, has been retired from racing and will stand the 2013 breeding season at Lane's End Farm near Versailles, Ky. His fee will be $15,000.
The Factor, making his seasonal debut in the $200,000 San Carlos Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 25, started his 2012 campaign the same way he finished up last year, winning at seven furlongs on Santa Anita's main track.
PORTER ON PEDIGREES. War Front's blazingly fast son returns to form in the Malibu Stakes and becomes only the second 3-year-old male of 2011 to win two grade I stakes.
The Factor, knocked off the Triple Crown trail by an ankle injury more than four months ago, outfought crack sprinter Smiling Tiger and drew off in the stretch to win the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. I) at Del Mar.
Add The Factor to this year's list of serious contenders on the Triple Crown trail. The brilliant colt, trained by Bob Baffert, proved his ability to get a route of ground with a crushing win in the Rebel Stakes March 19.
Odds-on The Factor showed his speedy reputation is no hype when he turned back a good group of 3-year-olds in winning the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) by three-quarters of a length at Santa Anita Feb. 20
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation