Front-running Warleigh nearly pulled off a theft of Sunday's $172,800 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a yielding Churchill Downs turf, but he could not hold off the relentless charge of upsetter Hard Buck in the final stages.
Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire, a European import who has exceeded expectations this year while competing against many of the finest turf horses in North America, faces defending winner Dr. Kashnikow and 10 other rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Falcon Flight and England's Legend, both French-breds, to advance after winning Million Preview Day stakes at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- ARCI Schedules Two Town Hall Meetings
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor