Front-running Warleigh nearly pulled off a theft of Sunday's $172,800 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a yielding Churchill Downs turf, but he could not hold off the relentless charge of upsetter Hard Buck in the final stages.
Gainsborough Farm's Moon Solitaire, a European import who has exceeded expectations this year while competing against many of the finest turf horses in North America, faces defending winner Dr. Kashnikow and 10 other rivals in the $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) Sunday at Churchill Downs.
Falcon Flight and England's Legend, both French-breds, to advance after winning Million Preview Day stakes at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Can Calculator Figure in BC Juvenile?
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries