HRTV and TVG will offer on-site coverage of the June 8 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) showdown between Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner Orb and Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Oxbow.
TVG's coverage of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) and Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) begins May 1 with the one-hour "Kentucky Derby Profile Show" that profiles each entrant in the May 4 race.
Over the Oct. 9-11 weekend, TVG will broadcast live from Belmont Park, Keeneland and Oak Tree at Santa Anita with coverage of major stakes serving as precursors to next month's Breeders' Cup World Championships.
TVG will launch a new program lineup along with a new on-air look beginning May 10, network executives announced May 1. Highlighting the changes will be the debut of 11 new programs and a revamped on-screen graphic look.
Presentations of Horse of the Year, Trainer of the Year and Race of the Year highlight the inaugural TVG "Viewer Choice Awards" to be aired live on the TVG Network on Monday, January 29 from 9-10 PM EST (6-7 PM PST). Hosted by TVG anchors Caton Bredar and Greg Wolf, the ceremony will honor 14 categories of achievement in Thoroughbred, harness and quarter horse racing. The winners were selected through on on-line poll of TVG viewers, with over one million votes cast over a two-week period.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract