Veterinarians said the racing industry is making significant progress in identifying causes for equine injuries, and they urged patience despite persistent negative public perception in regard to racehorse breakdowns.
Thistledown race track in North Randall, Ohio made a required $36,000 payment toward a bond, which allows it to remain open, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reported June 17 on its Web site, cleveland.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Red Rifle Aims to Repeat in Dominion Day
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Regulators Consider Out-of-Competition Rule
- TAA Ready to Assist With Abandoned Horses
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Zenyatta Bottle to Benefit Old Friends