Published reports and unofficial word from track management say that a five-year lease deal for a 71-day live meet with an average daily purse level of $400,000 has been struck.
Monmouth's stable gates opened April 5, officially kicking off training for their 2010 "Million Dollar Meet." Among the first to arrive are New Jersey stalwarts Kelly Breen, Gregg Sacco, and Joe Pierce.
Jockey Herb McCauley registered his first stakes victory at Monmouth Park in 10 years May 9 when he guided Red Oak Stable's Casino Transaction to a front-running upset victory in the $70,000 Red Cross Stakes on opening day of a 99-day Thoroughbred meeting in Oceanport, N.J.
Horses returned to Monmouth Park in New Jersey the morning of April 14 to prepare for a 99-day meet that gets under way May 9.
Smarty Deb and Prop Me Up turned in final Breeders' Cup works at Monmouth Park Oct. 21.
Herb McCauley, one of the leading jockeys at Monmouth Park in the 1980s and '90s until he was injured in 1998, said Aug. 25 that he expects to start a comeback on Labor Day.
Red Oak Stable's Foreverness snapped a nine-race losing streak when he rallied off a ground-saving trip to win the $109,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Aqueduct in New York's first graded turf stakes race of 2006.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Three Stakes Highlight Los Alamitos Summer Meet
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017