The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and its Washington, D.C., lobbying firm are playing the waiting game regarding tax changes that would allow pari-mutuel bettors to keep more of their winnings.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has unveiled its federal legislative agenda for the 114th Congress, including tax matters, internet gaming, immigration, and racehorse drug and medication regulation and testing.
Unless horse racing first reaches industry consensus on medication reform, the National Thoroughbred Racing Association does not expect Congress to move forward on federal medication legislation.
Advocates for change in horse racing didn't find much reason for optimism in the National Thoroughbred Racing Association's legislative update held in Saratoga Springs Aug. 7.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has scheduled three legislative briefings in August and September. The first one will be held Aug. 7 at Fasig-Tipton in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- By Esther Marr
Blogging and other Web-related topics were given some of the highest priority during the Sept. 22 sessions of the well-attended National Thoroughbred Racing Association Marketing Summit at Las Vegas' Red Rock Casino, Resort & Spa.
- By Tom LaMarra
Though their views and actions may at times be considered extreme and bizarre by some, animal rights and welfare groups have a large constituency, have proven effective at making their point, and shouldn't be disregarded when they seize on an issue, officials said.
Mark Shapiro, executive vice president who oversees programming and production for ESPN networks and ABC Sports, will deliver the keynote address at The Jockey Club's 53rd annual Round Table Conference in Saratoga Springs Aug. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap