Three panelists with first-hand knowledge of the fights being waged between racino owners and live racetrack interests documented their battles at the Global Symposium on Racing and Gaming.
Woodbine Entertainment Group will add 20-cent triactors to its live fractional betting menu through the end of the year.
- By Ray Paulick
Seven of the 17 men indicted in January 2005 for their roles in a multi-million dollar illegal gambling ring have pleaded guilty, including trainer Gregory Martin, who admitted in federal court March 22 that he affected the outcome of a race by illegally administering a baking soda, sugar, and water mix (commonly known as a milkshake) to the horse A One Rocket just prior to his 10-length victory in a Dec. 18, 2003, race at Aqueduct.
- By Dan Lauletta
The New York Racing Association plans to set up a detention barn for horses running in all races beginning with the opening of the Belmont Spring meeting on May 4.
- By Ray Paulick
By Ray Paulick -- Getting caught is no picnic, but occasional fines, suspensions, and hefty legal bills are included in the price some horsemen have been willing to pay to live on, or over, the edge of the game's rules and regulations.
Robert J. Amendola's Bank Audit drew off from front-running High Peaks to win the $85,775 Interborough Handicap for fillies and mare by 5 1/2 lengths Saturday at Aqueduct.
Aqueduct rings in the new year with a battle of the Martin boys -- 25-year-old Carlos and his 27-year-old uncle, Greg -- in the $75,000 Interborough Handicap, a six-furlong New Year's Day fixture for fillies and mares 3 and up.
Well Fancied, who kicked off the 2002 Belmont fall meet with a victory in the General Douglas MacArthur Handicap for New York breds at seven furlongs is back for Friday's renewal.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move