Champion sprinter Benny the Bull will stand the 2015 breeding season at John and Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm, in Ocala, Fla., according to an announcement made by owner Greg James. His fee has not yet been determined.
International bloodstock agent Renato Gameiro of Albatroz Bloodstock and owner Greg James have reached an agreement to shuttle 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull to Brazil.
Benny the Bull, whose undefeated 2008 season earned him an Eclipse Award as North America's champion sprinter, will stand the 2012 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington, Kentucky.
Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull will stand in 2010 at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
Benny the Bull, the 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter when he won all four starts, has been retired from racing and acquired by Greg James.
It takes a great deal to dethrone a champion, and after Midnight Lute's powerful repeat victory in the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), it was assumed by many that the defending sprint champion had accomplished enough in that race alone to secure a second Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Jazdzewski Landed Young Far Right for $2,500
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Storm Washes Away Texas Mile at Lone Star
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Keeneland Spring Handle Figures Down
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale