Champion sprinter Benny the Bull will stand the 2015 breeding season at John and Leslie Malone's Bridlewood Farm, in Ocala, Fla., according to an announcement made by owner Greg James. His fee has not yet been determined.
International bloodstock agent Renato Gameiro of Albatroz Bloodstock and owner Greg James have reached an agreement to shuttle 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull to Brazil.
Benny the Bull, whose undefeated 2008 season earned him an Eclipse Award as North America's champion sprinter, will stand the 2012 breeding season at Vinery near Lexington, Kentucky.
Eclipse Award-winning sprinter Benny the Bull will stand in 2010 at Tom Simon's Vinery near Summerfield, Fla.
Benny the Bull, the 2008 Eclipse Award-winning sprinter when he won all four starts, has been retired from racing and acquired by Greg James.
It takes a great deal to dethrone a champion, and after Midnight Lute's powerful repeat victory in the Sentient Flight Group Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I), it was assumed by many that the defending sprint champion had accomplished enough in that race alone to secure a second Eclipse Award.
Most Popular Stories
- Khozan Injured, Off Kentucky Derby Trail
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- At Santa Anita, Prat Delivers at a Price
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Ike Walker Rules South Mississippi at FG
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Winter Weather Continues to Impact Racing