Undefeated 3-year-old Lost in the Fog worked five furlongs in 1:00 2/5 handily Thursday morning at Golden Gate Fields in his final drill for the $1-million TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
With Bellamy Road opting for the $1-million Travers Stakes (gr. I) on the same card, Harry Aleo's unbeaten Lost in the Fog looks to be an overwhelming favorite, once again, when he faces six opponents in Saturday's seven-furlong King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I).
With the defection of Bellamy Road from the Aug. 27 King's Bishop Stakes (gr. I) to run instead in the $1-million Travers (gr. I), Lost in the Fog once again looks to have a race at his mercy, something trainer Greg Gilchrist has mixed feelings about.
Jockey Mike Smith received a three-day suspension from Santa Anita stewards for his ride aboard Ulloa in Saturday's second race.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother