Greg de Gannes, an equine veterinarian who parlayed his knowledge of horses into a career as a successful trainer, died Feb. 23 in Boynton Beach, Fla. He was 50.
An overflow field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile Sept. 8.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Playing Exactas at the Summit of Speed
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate