Greg de Gannes, an equine veterinarian who parlayed his knowledge of horses into a career as a successful trainer, died Feb. 23 in Boynton Beach, Fla. He was 50.
An overflow field of 14 juvenile fillies including stakes winners Sweet Redemption, American Sugar and Gold Edge passed the entry box for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III), run at a one-turn mile Sept. 8.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Belinda Stronach Keynote Speaker at Pan Am Conference
- NYRA Privatization Stalls During NY Budget Wrangling
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Breeders' Cup, NTRA Launch New Contest Website
- Sunny Ridge Named New Jersey's 2016 Horse of the Year