Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has ruled that horse meat may not be shipped through Texas en route for foreign destinations.
The addition of video lottery terminals at Texas dog and horse tracks will be one of the items discussed when the Texas state legislature convenes for a special session beginning on April 20. The special session can last as long as 30 days and the governor can call as many sessions as he wants.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott has declared voters must approve an amendment to the state constitution before any of the 10 licensed horse or Greyhound tracks in Texas can install video lottery terminals.
Most Popular Stories
- Two Ejected From Churchill Grounds
- Champion Sprinter Work All Week Retired
- American Pharoah Retains Top World Ranking
- Ratings More Than Double for NBC Racing Shows
- Race Day to Spendthrift for 2016
- Why Beholder Has Outrun Her Pedigree
- Buckland Sales to Offer First Consignments
- Higher Purses, Handle at Emerald Downs
- Tattersalls Book 1 Concludes on Record Note
- Normandy Invasion Retired From Racing