Young stallion Greenwood Lake has been sold to Racetree, located near Innisplain in the Queensland province of Australia.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring juvenile auction ended its four-day run Thursday in Central Florida with small declines in gross revenue and average price from last year's sale record highs.
Greenwood Lake, who won the Champagne Stakes (gr. I), came through with his first winner when Irish Meadow won July 13 at Philadelphia Park.
It was Ladies Day at Saturday's under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March juvenile auction, with fillies turning in the fastest works in Central Florida.
Grade I winner Greenwood Lake has arrived at Margaux Farm near Midway, Ky., where he will stand for $6,000.
Grade I winner Greenwood Lake and 5-year-old River Women opened the year with a filly born at Robert Slack's Stoneriggs Farm near Morriston, Fla.
First-year stallion Greenwood Lake has 10 of the first dozen mares he bred scanned in foal.
Mr. and Mrs. Robert Slack announced grade I winner Greenwood Lake has arrived at their Stoneriggs Farm in Ocala, Fla., farm and is awaiting the 2001 breeding season.
Most Popular Stories
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- NYRA Bets Now Available in California