Dry Summer relished a slow early pace and surged home to gain a definitive 1 1/2-length win in the $120,000 Mine That Bird Derby at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino Feb. 23.
The July 14 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) is shaping up to be a continental showdown at Delaware Park. The $500,000, 1 1/16-mile race has attracted a field of eight entrants from points across North America. Appearing to head the field are Cotton Blossom, High Heels, and Tough Tiz's Sis.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March