Retired horseman Marvin M. Greene Sr. died May 22 of congestive heart failure at his Leesburg, Va., home.
Grade II stakes-placed Polish Miner came up with his first winner when his daughter, Red Hot Lady, won June 13 at Delaware Park.
Stanley T. Greene, who trained for Alfred G. Vanderbilt and Liz Whitney Tippett, died March 12 in a hospital near Purcellville, Va.
Max Pearson's Lady of the Future won the $100,000 James Penny Memorial Handicap by the narrowest of noses following a stirring stretch duel with My Glare Farm's Where We Left Off Saturday at Philadelphia Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement
- Thunderstorm Forces Ellis to Cancel Races