Alex and JoAnn Lieblong's The Big Beast jumped up from allowance company to grade I competition and did not disappoint his connections Aug. 23, winning the King's Bishop (gr. I) by a neck.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale, like many other auctions lately, suffered significant downturns in business. Compared to 2007, the gross plunged 43.1% Dec. 8 in Timonium, Md. However, the average price and median price experienced less severe losses, dropping 12.3% and 14.3%, respectively.
Appealing Skier, a grade II winner who set or equaled three track records, has been moved to Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa., from Green Willow Farms near Westminster, Md.
Meadowlake's son Meadow Monster arrived on Oct. 10 at Ron and Carolyn Green's Green Willow Farm near Westminster, Md., for the 2001 breeding season.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose