Alex and JoAnn Lieblong's The Big Beast jumped up from allowance company to grade I competition and did not disappoint his connections Aug. 23, winning the King's Bishop (gr. I) by a neck.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic December mixed sale, like many other auctions lately, suffered significant downturns in business. Compared to 2007, the gross plunged 43.1% Dec. 8 in Timonium, Md. However, the average price and median price experienced less severe losses, dropping 12.3% and 14.3%, respectively.
Appealing Skier, a grade II winner who set or equaled three track records, has been moved to Dr. William Solomon's Pin Oak Lane Farm near New Freedom, Pa., from Green Willow Farms near Westminster, Md.
Meadowlake's son Meadow Monster arrived on Oct. 10 at Ron and Carolyn Green's Green Willow Farm near Westminster, Md., for the 2001 breeding season.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Trade Storm Reigns With Woodbine Mile Upset
- Wake Up Nick Wins Again in Barretts Juvenile
- Super Ninety Nine to Country Life for 2015
- Keeneland September Book 2 Sees Big Gains
- Sheikhzayedroad Surges to Northern Dancer Win
- Dual Grade I Winner Wigmore Hall Euthanized
- Alert Bay Strikes in British Columbia Derby
- Deceptive Vision Sweeps to Canadian Tally
- Baltic Baroness Wins Vermeille, Treve Fourth
- Lubash, Invading Humor Take NY-Bred Stakes