The multiple graded stakes winner Valbenny lands in a good spot to try to end an eight-race losing streak in the $150,000 San Gorgonio Handicap (gr. II) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 4.
Sealy Hill, Canada's reigning Horse of the Year, makes her final start over her home track at Woodbine as part of a strong field in the $1-million E.P. Taylor Stakes (gr. IT) on the grass Oct. 4.
After finally breaking through with her first stakes victory in the Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT), the consistent Black Mamba finds herself as the likely favorite for the $400,000 John C. Mabee Handicap (gr. IT) on the Del Mar turf Aug. 3.
Favored Black Mamba ended a string of seven stakes in-the-money performances without a victory when she captured the $150,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Hollywood Park lawn June 29, capping a superb weekend for trainer John Sadler.
Foxysox, Black Mamba and I Can See, just noses apart in the Santa Barbara Handicap (gr. IIT) two months ago, meet again in the $150,000 Beverly Hills Handicap (gr. IIT), this time on the Hollywood Park turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist's BC Work Less Than Ideal
- California Chrome 'Fit' for BC After Work
- Living The Life Retired, Won't Run in BC
- Beholder, Frosted Drill at Santa Anita
- Rachel Alexandra Breeder Morrison dies
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Songbird Logs Final Breeze for Distaff
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- The Star of the BC Classic: Lucky Spell?
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC