Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- NBC Plans Live Coverage of Haskell
- A Day in the Life: Broodmare of the Year Leslie's Lady
- Potemkin Heads Wide-Open Test at Munich
- Irish Strait Sentimental Choice in Monmouth Stakes
- Roly Poly, Persuasive tackle Qemah in Prix Rothschild
- Stellar Wind, Vale Dori Face Off Again in Hirsch
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Into the Gray Brings Graydar First Winner