Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- CHRB Gets Update as Moving Day Draws Closer
- Solid Field Drawn for Springboard Mile Stakes
- Marathon Valedictory Closes Out Woodbine Meet
- Normandy Invasion, Itsmyluckyday Return
- Northern California Race Dates Approved
- Barbaro Brother Lentenor to Stand in Indiana
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Preakness Purse Increased to $1.5M in 2014
- Longshot Proves First Winner for Tippity Tap
- Slideshow: New Sires of 2014