Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart
- First Reported Foal for Gig Harbor is Colt
- Bob Neumeier Wins Celebrity Challenge at NHC
- Upstart Proves Class in Holy Bull