Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death