Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Downs, Horsemen Have Deal for Meets
- TJC Acquires Majority Interest in Blood-Horse
- American Pharoah Shows Readiness for Rebel
- Trainer A. C. Avila Suspended, Fined by CHRB
- California Chrome Working Steadily for Dubai
- Caesars' Moves Impact Turfway, ThistleDown
- Ben's Cat Maryland-Bred HOY for Fourth Year
- Nerud 3-Year-Old Wins Again at Big A
- NJ Track Calls for End to Simulcast Impasse
- Charles Town, Oaklawn, Laurel Cancel Cards