Smok'n Frolic and Passing Shot will break next to each other again Sunday when they start in the $100,000, 1 1/8-mile Next Move Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Sent off as the 4-5 favorite by the President's Day crowd of 5,049, Austin's Mom did not disappoint as the 4-year-old filly came from off the pace to win the $81,600 Rare Treat Handicap at Aqueduct.
Maryland-bred Cruise Along had done most of her running and all of her winning on the turf, but a huge recent effort on the dirt has earned her a trip to New York to try for a graded stakes win in Saturday's $100,000 Affectionately Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles for fillies and mares.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Emerald Purses to Rise 20% for 2015 Season
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- OBS Winter Mixed Sale Catalog Now Online
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch
- Casino Would Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Penn Mile Tops 193-Day Penn National Schedule
- Pedigree Analysis: Milwaukee Brew