Simon Burgess talks with trainer Caspar Fownes, who has Thumbs Up and Super Satin in the Hong Kong Vase, Green Birdie and Lucky Nine in the Hong Kong Sprint, and Fair Trade in the Hong Kong Mile. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Inspiration led home a shocking Hong Kong-based exacta in the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) at Sha Tin under a brilliant ride from Darren Beadman.
The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) has been the long-range target for Green Birdie since early in the year, but a sizzling first-up victory against the sprinters in the Oct. 25 group III Premier Bowl at Sha Tin might have trainer Caspar Fownes reconsidering his position.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Keeneland September Sees More Gains on Day 8
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact