Simon Burgess talks with trainer Caspar Fownes, who has Thumbs Up and Super Satin in the Hong Kong Vase, Green Birdie and Lucky Nine in the Hong Kong Sprint, and Fair Trade in the Hong Kong Mile. Sponsored by AmWest Watch Video
Inspiration led home a shocking Hong Kong-based exacta in the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Sprint (HK-I) at Sha Tin under a brilliant ride from Darren Beadman.
The Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Mile (HK-I) has been the long-range target for Green Birdie since early in the year, but a sizzling first-up victory against the sprinters in the Oct. 25 group III Premier Bowl at Sha Tin might have trainer Caspar Fownes reconsidering his position.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners