With two weeks left before Calder Race Course's July 12 Summit of Speed, Churchill Downs Inc. and the Florida Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association remain deadlocked in contract talks for the Miami Gardens, Fla., track.
Empire Racing has announced that it has aligned itself with SL Green Realty Corp., Manhattan's largest owner of commercial office real estate.
I've been waiting since the Derby to write "The Morning Line" from the Morning Line, the backstretch kitchen at Belmont Park.
Brave Raj, who was champion 2-year-old filly of 1986, was euthanized Jan. 28 after aborting a Gulch filly a week earlier.
Bull Market, who battled Vindication for the lead in the 2002 Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Doug Arnold's Buck Pond Farm near Versailles, Ky.
Gaming issues are being widely discussed in Austin, Texas, as the state's legislators look for revenue that might enable them to overhaul school finance.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab