Great Attack, closing from fifth at mid-stretch, collared favored Bridgetown close to home for a narrow victory in the $150,350 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT), the first stakes race on the Kentucky Derby card May 5.
Greatness, a 12-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, has arrived for stallion duty at Randolph Thoroughbreds near Ocala, Fla.
Greatness, a 10-year-old son of Mr. Prospector, will stand in 2010 at Tarry Bratton's Ghost Ridge Farms near Brogue, Pa
Greatness, a son of Mr. Prospector, was represented by his first winner when his daughter Her Greatness won July 21 at Calder Race Course.
Listen Here closed from far back with a rush in deep stretch to claim victory in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Saratoga Park Saturday.
Saratoga Notebook: Weight-y Matter; Medaglia's Plans Undecided; Shah is Haskell Bound; Volponi's Plans
Unhappy with the weights assigned for the Honorable Miss on Aug. 2, Gold Mover's trainer Mark Hennig said Saturday that his filly and champion Xtra Heat will not face each other in the race.
Frank Stronach's Adena Springs has bought a 10% interest in unbeaten 3-year-old Greatness from Ed and Marilyn Seltzer.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact