Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
The two-day weanling portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern sale ended in Australia May 19 with a gross of $2,127,100 (approximately $1,605,684 in U.S. funds) for the 243 horses sold. The average price was $8,753 ($6,607), and the clearance rate was 91%.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil