Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
The two-day weanling portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern sale ended in Australia May 19 with a gross of $2,127,100 (approximately $1,605,684 in U.S. funds) for the 243 horses sold. The average price was $8,753 ($6,607), and the clearance rate was 91%.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Jara's Sister to Make Panama Riding Debut
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Ramseys Ready for Claiming Crown
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Draws Doom U.S. Hopes in HK Jockey Challenge
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look