Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
The two-day weanling portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern sale ended in Australia May 19 with a gross of $2,127,100 (approximately $1,605,684 in U.S. funds) for the 243 horses sold. The average price was $8,753 ($6,607), and the clearance rate was 91%.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T