Group II-winning stallion Written Tycoon will return to Eliza Park this breeding season after being sold for Aust$625,000 (approximately $481,775 in U.S. funds) May 20 during the third session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern auction in Australia.
The two-day weanling portion of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne Great Southern sale ended in Australia May 19 with a gross of $2,127,100 (approximately $1,605,684 in U.S. funds) for the 243 horses sold. The average price was $8,753 ($6,607), and the clearance rate was 91%.
The William Inglis & Son Great Southern Sale ended Friday with strong competition for the racehorses, yearlings and unbroken stock on offer. The clearance rate of 92% was indicative of the strong demand for the offerings, as a record overall sale gross of Aus$11,915,000 was recorded.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Speed Horses Hold Key to BC Classic
- Grand Arch 'Ready to Go' for BC Mile
- Ouzts Takes Santa Anita Off 'Bucket List'
- BC 2014: Alan Sherman: California Chrome Work
- Fed Biz in Quick Work for BC Dirt Mile
- Rich Tapestry, Big Macher in Sprint Works
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- BC 2014: Dale Romans Oct 25 Works
- Midnight Lucky Out of F&M Sprint, Retired