Stallwalkin' Dude gained the lead in the final furlong and outkicked Green Gratto by two lengths to win the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 18 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Consider this your weekly guide to the best stakes races in North America. This week we have California Chrome in his Southern California swan song, a trio of grade III races at Gulfstream Park, and more.
Gaston and Anthony Grant's Green Gratto opened a seven-length lead turning for home and was never threatened in the stretch in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 26 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Aqueduct Racetrack will return from the Christmas break Dec. 26 with the top three finishers in the Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) set to square off in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at six furlongs.
After not winning a stakes in his first two seasons of racing, Salutos Amigos nailed down the third of his 4-year-old campaign when he drew off in the stretch to win the $98,000 Gravesend Dec. 26.
Calibrachoa reeled in entrymate Driven by Success to give trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Mike Repole a sweep of the top two spots in the $65,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 18 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Likely Out of Pegasus World Cup
- Keen Ice to Calumet Upon Retirement
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- Tepin Gets Serious in Latest Work
- Shaman Ghost Works Bullet in Pegasus Prep
- Suddenbreakingnews Set to Return at Oaklawn
- Sherman Staying in the Moment With California Chrome
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- OBS to Offer Experienced Racehorses, Yearlings, Mares
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work