Stallwalkin' Dude gained the lead in the final furlong and outkicked Green Gratto by two lengths to win the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 18 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Consider this your weekly guide to the best stakes races in North America. This week we have California Chrome in his Southern California swan song, a trio of grade III races at Gulfstream Park, and more.
Gaston and Anthony Grant's Green Gratto opened a seven-length lead turning for home and was never threatened in the stretch in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 26 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Aqueduct Racetrack will return from the Christmas break Dec. 26 with the top three finishers in the Fall Highweight Handicap (gr. III) set to square off in the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at six furlongs.
After not winning a stakes in his first two seasons of racing, Salutos Amigos nailed down the third of his 4-year-old campaign when he drew off in the stretch to win the $98,000 Gravesend Dec. 26.
Calibrachoa reeled in entrymate Driven by Success to give trainer Todd Pletcher and owner Mike Repole a sweep of the top two spots in the $65,000 Gravesend Stakes Dec. 18 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks