Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Martin S. Schwartz's favored Gorella, last of a compact field at the top of the lane, surged past her rivals on the far outside to win the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) by 1 3/4 lengths Saturday on the Arlington Park lawn.
Mrs. M. de Chambure's Baldellia, a French-bred and campaigned 3-year-old filly whose flight to the United States was delayed four days by a labor strike, finally toured the Arlington Park main course Thursday morning in advance of Saturday's Pucker Up Stakes (gr. III).
French-bred filly Little Treasure, who races for the Sidney Port Trust & San Gabriel Investments, invades Arlington Park from her California home base as the likely favorite among 11 sophomores entered for Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8-mile on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins