Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Martin S. Schwartz's favored Gorella, last of a compact field at the top of the lane, surged past her rivals on the far outside to win the $750,000 Beverly D. (gr. IT) by 1 3/4 lengths Saturday on the Arlington Park lawn.
Mrs. M. de Chambure's Baldellia, a French-bred and campaigned 3-year-old filly whose flight to the United States was delayed four days by a labor strike, finally toured the Arlington Park main course Thursday morning in advance of Saturday's Pucker Up Stakes (gr. III).
French-bred filly Little Treasure, who races for the Sidney Port Trust & San Gabriel Investments, invades Arlington Park from her California home base as the likely favorite among 11 sophomores entered for Saturday's $150,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8-mile on the turf.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance
- Breeders Sales Co. Expects Strong Auction