To honor the hugely popular 10-year-old gelding's career, the New York Racing Association will host "Evening Attire Day" at Belmont Park on Saturday, October 25.
Evening Attire, winner of the Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) this summer, will carry highweight of 123 pounds in Saturday's Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct. The grade I winner and earner of more than $2.3 million will face nine older foes in the 1 3/16ths-miles race that goes at approximately 3:44 p.m. EST.
Evening Attire showed once again that he likes Saratoga. The 6-year-old gelded son of Black Tie Affair squared off with last year's champion Funny Cide and Bowman's Band in the stretch and came home a five-length winner in the good time of 2:00.83 in the 1 1/4-mile Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Va., has been awarded a $25,000 grant from Thoroughbred Charities of America and a $5,000 grant from the Maryland Horse Industries Board to help construct and equip new laboratory facilities designed to support its growing equine research program.
TCA gives $20,000 to KTOB emergency fund...Jockey Shane Laviolette a winner on Father's Day at Arlington.
Most Popular Stories
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- What's Going On Here: Next Up