To honor the hugely popular 10-year-old gelding's career, the New York Racing Association will host "Evening Attire Day" at Belmont Park on Saturday, October 25.
Evening Attire, winner of the Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) this summer, will carry highweight of 123 pounds in Saturday's Queens County Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct. The grade I winner and earner of more than $2.3 million will face nine older foes in the 1 3/16ths-miles race that goes at approximately 3:44 p.m. EST.
Evening Attire showed once again that he likes Saratoga. The 6-year-old gelded son of Black Tie Affair squared off with last year's champion Funny Cide and Bowman's Band in the stretch and came home a five-length winner in the good time of 2:00.83 in the 1 1/4-mile Saratoga Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II).
The Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center in Leesburg, Va., has been awarded a $25,000 grant from Thoroughbred Charities of America and a $5,000 grant from the Maryland Horse Industries Board to help construct and equip new laboratory facilities designed to support its growing equine research program.
TCA gives $20,000 to KTOB emergency fund...Jockey Shane Laviolette a winner on Father's Day at Arlington.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Proposed Changes in PA-Bred Fund Questioned